How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
Who's My Parent When I Fill Out My FAFSA?
Dependent students are required to report parent information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid （FAFSA®). If you’re not sure whether you are a 依赖学生， 去 学生资助网站.
For reporting purposes, “parent” means your legal (biological or adoptive) parent or stepparent, or a person that the state has determined to be your legal parent. Use this guide to figure out which parent’s information to include (depending on your family situation).
该 following people are not your parents unless they have legally adopted you:
- Older Brothers or Sisters
FAFSA Tips & Common Mistakes to Avoid
该 best way to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid （FAFSA) is early, online, and without any mistakes (下载 and print our 查list of what you'll need to have on hand in order to file your FAFSA). If you aren't yet ready to file a FAFSA, the Department of Education's fafsa4caster工具 can help you estimate your eligibility for federal student aid by providing some basic information. Check these 有用的提示 和技巧！
I Filled Out 该 FAFSA, What Happens Next?
- Fall 2020/Spring 2021 - 该 Free Application for Federal Student Aid （FAFSA) for students attending college in 2020-2021 (Fall 2020/Spring 2021) will be available beginning on October 1, 2019
- 落在2019 /弹簧2020 - 在 Free Application for Federal Student Aid （FAFSA) for students attending college in 2019-2020 (落在2019 /弹簧2020) is available now.
What Does SU's Financial Aid Timeline Look Like?
- October 1 - 在 first step
- December 1 - Check out SU's Academic Works
- Mid-February - Incoming students receive packets
- March 1 - This is the last day to submit your FAFSA
- May 1 - SU's deposit deadline
- Mid-六月 - Freshman orientation
- Mid-July - Fall semester bills distributed
- August - Start your academic journey