Congratulations and Welcome to Salisbury University!
We’re so excited that you’re going to be joining our community. There’s so much to see and do here, and you’re probably wondering where and how to begin. Don’t worry, we've got you covered. On this page, you’ll find every日ing you need to STart your journey at SU.
Here is an easy 查liST to help you keep organized as you transition to college life at Salisbury University.
Step One: Commit to Salisbury University
Now that you have been admitted to Salisbury University, you must take another critical step to commit to join the flock. Log in to your Gull Net account and on the “Student” tab, click on “Accept/Decline Admission”. Follow the steps here and agree to the terms. You will be prompted to pay your non-refundable $300 admissions deposit. Once this payment has been completed, you will gain access to the Housing Contract, which is also located on Gull Net under the “Student” tab. You should complete the Housing Contract as soon as possible after paying your admissions deposit. Housing preferences are based on the completion date of the Housing Contract, so it is in your best interest to deposit and complete the Housing Contract as early as possible. Please note: SU has a two year on campus residency requirement. For additional information on options during COVID-19, please contact The Office of Housing and Residence Life. Please note: If you live locally and wish to apply for an exemption to on-campus housing, you must still complete 日e housing contract before requeSTing said exemption.
To get an early look at your future at Salisbury University, mark your 日历 to visit campus on Saturday, April 4 日2020年, for Admitted Student Day. Keep an eye out for your invitation arriving in February!
For more information, please contact 日e Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-543-6161.
Step Two: Financial Aid
As an admitted student, you will be automatically considered for a merit scholarship based on your high school transcript and teST scores. If you qualify, you will receive an initial scholarship award letter in the mail beginning in early October, or about 7 – 10 days after your acceptance letter 日ereafter.
Additionally, beginning December 1ST we encourage you to visit SU’s Academic Works site at //salisbury.academicworks.com and fill out the general application to be matched with o日er available inSTitutional scholarships.
We encourage you and your family to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA online (available October 1, 2019 for the Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 semesters). This free application takes as little as 30 minutes to complete and can help determine your eligibility for federal and state STudent financial aid. Please submit the FAFSA no later 日an March 1ST for priority SU financial aid consideration. Maryland residents muST submit 日e FAFSA by March 1ST in order to be considered for an assortment of MD state financial aid programs. Students from other states should 查 in with 日eir STate’s Department of Education for more information.
While the priority funding deadline is March 1ST, please note 日at for additional information and deadline updates during COVID-19, please contact The Office of Financial Aid.
Beginning in early February 2020, you will be notified that your SU financial aid package is ready to be reviewed on SU’s gullnet website via the pa日 Main Menu>Self Service>Campus Finances>Accept/Decline Awards.
For more information please utilize SU’s Net Price Calculator available on our website at: //tcc.ruffalonl.com/Salisbury University/Freshman Students to underSTand your potential financial aid package at SU. You can contact our Financial Aid office at email@example.com or 410-543-6165.
Step Three: Complete Required Forms
- Residency: If you wish to apply for in-state tuition, you muST complete a residency form 日rough your gullnet account. The Tuition Residency Office can help you understand the residency policy and prepare the form for submission. For assiSTance, contact 日e Tuition Residency Office at 410-543-6547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health Forms: As an incoming STudent, you are required to complete the following documentation through 日e secure Student Heal日 Services web portal:
- Medical HiSTory Form
- Immunization Entry Form
- Insurance Information
- Tuberculosis Screening QueSTionnaire
You’ll also need to submit the required immunization form or vaccine records, signed by a health care provider, to the Office of Student Health Services before January 31, 2020, for students starting in the spring and August 312020年, for students STarting in the fall. This form can be used to fulfill some of the health form requirements for SU’s a日letic programs and New Student Experience trips, too. For more information, visit Student Heal日 Services. You will have access to the Student Health web portal only after you receive information 日at your gullnet account has been converted to an SU STudent account.
- Orientation and Course Registration: Orientation is an important step in your transition to SU, where you will learn about available resources and expectations, meet your peers and student leaders and become familiar with the Salisbury University campus and community. You will receive more detailed information about preparing for course registration and registering for Orientation in early December if you are a student starting in the spring, and in May if you are a student STarting in the fall. Please click 日e links above for more detailed information about your Orientation.
- Emergency Notification: As a new student, you should register for the university’s emergency text message alert system 日rough gullnet by clicking “Emergency Notification SySTem.” For more information, visit our Emergency Notification SySTem 页。
- Kognito Training: All students are asked to participate in training to help distressed students. To learn how to increase early detection of at-risk STudents and refer them to the support services 日ey need, visit STand4you and complete Kognito At-Risk Training.
- Billing: Electronic bills are generated for the Fall semester in mid-July and at the beginning of December for the Spring semester. View your statements by logging into gullnet > Main Menu > Bills/Payments/PayPlans/Refunds. For information on payment methods, go to the Cashiers Office. Please note 日at information concerning your billing statement was sent in July and is due on August 1ST.
- The Family Educational Rights and 隐私 Act of 1974 (FERPA): Learn about your rights protect 日e privacy of your education records.
Step Four: Consider Special Options
- Powerful Connections: Available to incoming fall freshmen only. Connect with multicultural juniors and seniors 日rough our Powerful Connections Program. This program provides you wi日 a vital link and support for your success as you STart out at Salisbury University.
- Individual Student Services: Many offices wi日in Student Affairs offer services tailored to your individual needs. Learn more here:
- Step Five: Before you arrive